|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
representing the 14th Congressional District
. She lost in the general election.
Bacigalupi is a businesswoman, biotech consultant, and agriculture advocate.
Bacigalupi's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Teachers have a tough job. This is especially true when so many kids these days come from families that don't know how, or can't afford, to support a child's school experience. Despite my respect for teachers, what I see is that the educational system we have today remains widely broken despite numerous attempts to fix it."
- Excerpt: "No one has to tell the daughter of a farming and ranching family how vital the environment is to our wellbeing. These days, though, NGOs seem to have a louder voice about the environment than do we, the people--even though the true stakeholders are, in fact, we, the people."
- Excerpt: "Our Federal government does not have a balanced budget. They're not even working on it. We have government pension plans that are out of control, and lavishly wasteful government conferences on the taxpayer dime. There must be reform."
- Excerpt: "Your money is already being pulled away to fund Affordable Health Care; full implementation of this law is scheduled for 2014. We can and must stop this. "
- Excerpt: "It is inexcusable that the unemployment rate today is as high as advertised. It's even more so that the numbers actually are much higher than discussed. Small business contractors, owners of "cottage" industries, and farmers and ranchers aren't even included in the official number."
- See also: California's 14th congressional district elections, 2012
Bacigalupi ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 14th District. She and incumbent Jackie Speier (D) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Michael Moloney (D). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Speier won.
Breakdown of the source of Bacigalupi's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Bacigalupi did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Bacigalupi's campaign committee raised a total of $32,717 and spent $32,717.
|U.S. House, California District 14, 2012 - Deborah Bacigalupi Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Deborah Bacigalupi's campaign committee|
|Self Employed (Same Name)||$1,250|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Deborah + Bacigalupi + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found