Oregon State House District 40
Gerritzen's campaign website lists four main issues:
- Sustainable Government: "Oregon must budget within its means. If we allow the state budget to continue to increase with its current reckless abandon, Oregon will follow in the footsteps of California, leading to insolvency and perpetual deficits. In order to safeguard the economic future of the state, Deb will demand fiscal discipline and responsibility from our leaders."
- Sustainable Economy: "Students must be given every opportunity to compete and thrive in the workplace. Deb will prioritize funneling more money into future educational investments, and working to limit the damage PERS will do to classroom funding. Also, our students must be ready for the high tech manufacturing careers that Oregon can attract. Today’s students are tomorrow’s innovators, and Deb will support creative approaches to produce creative minds. "
- Sustainable Environment: : "We must utilize our natural resources while protecting our state’s unique ecology. Oregon is blessed with natural abundance and all too often our state leaders push us into a false choice between exploiting our resources and protecting them. Deb will advocate for strong resource management, with a focus on sustainable economic benefit. "
- Attitude and Accountability: "State leaders should not just be power for the people; they should empower the people. We elect leaders with the expectation that they will make tough decisions, not cower from them. Each budget deficit represents a larger deficit of accountability and our state’s leadership response has been temporary and shortsighted. Deb will provide solutions, not excuses. We deserve better quality in government, not larger quantity of government."
2050 Beavercreek Road Suite# 101-242
Oregon City, OR 97045
- Official campaign website
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile
- Official campaign facebook page
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile (dead link)
- Imagine Election Profile