Deborah O'Keefe Conroy
|Deborah O'Keefe Conroy|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 46|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Former Member, District 205 School Board|
Conroy's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Creating Jobs and Encouraging Economic Development
- Excerpt: "As State Representative, I will work to promote DuPage County as a great place to do business. I support tax cuts to small businesses that help them expand and targeted tax incentives that reward in-state job creation."
- Demanding Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "It’s long overdue for government to learn to live within its means. To help us get there, I will work to reform the way Illinois’ budget is crafted to increase transparency and respect tax payers’ hard-earned dollars. I will help cut waste and inefficiencies, forcing government to protect vital services and spend only when there are clear benchmarks and accountability."
- Defending our Children
- Excerpt: "Unfortunately, dangerous sexual predators are a real threat to children. I support extended sentencing, which would allow a judge to keep sex offenders locked up beyond their release dates if they pose a danger to the public."
- Preventing Unfair Property Tax Increases
- Excerpt: "Working families simply cannot afford to pay more, and I will push for legislation to freeze property taxes when home values decline."
- Cutting Lawmaker Pay
- Excerpt: "At a time when so many families are struggling financially, lawmakers have an obligation to lead by example. I will not only make state legislators take a pay cut, I’ll make it harder for them to raise their pay in the future."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Conroy served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Cities & Villages|
|• Economic Development|
|• Higher Education|
|• Museums, Arts, & Cultural Enhancement|
|• Tourism & Conventions|
Conroy won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 46. Conroy was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Daniel J. Kordik in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Deborah O'Keefe Conroy||57.7%||20,200|
|Republican||Daniel J. Kordik||42.3%||14,825|
Deborah O'Keefe Conroy was the Democratic candidate for District 46 of the Illinois House of Representatives in the state's November 2, 2010 general election. She lost to Republican incumbent Dennis Reboletti.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Deborah + Conroy + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pension reformers: Take a bow - Chicago Tribune
- Illinois Pension Reform: How Did Your Representative Vote? - Patch.com
- House wants to cut perks for CTA board, others - Chicago Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Deborah Conroy, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- ↑ Chicago Sun-Times, "2010 Election Results"
Dennis Reboletti (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |