|Minnesota House of Representatives District 1B|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Kiel is a local farmer. Debra markets crops grown on the farm.
Kiel attended Concordia College.
Kiel's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I Believe That Minnesota should be fiscally conservative, always operating within its means and with a balanced budget. "
- Excerpt:"I Believe Every life is important and we should protect our unborn children, the elderly and the vulnerable from beginning to end of life."
- Excerpt:"I Believe In protecting our right to bear Arms so citizens are safe and Sportsman can enjoy hunting activities."
- Excerpt:"I Believe That Marriage is between one man and one woman."
- Excerpt:"I Believe In Individual responsibility hard work and self reliance."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kiel served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture Policy|
|• Education Policy|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Finance|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kiel served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Rural Development|
|• Education Reform|
|• Transportation Policy and Finance|
Kiel won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 1B. She was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7 and defeated Marc Demers (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Debra Keil Incumbent||52%||9,401|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1B (2010)|
|Bernie Lieder (DFL)||6,397||49.47%|
|Debra Kiel (R)||6,528||50.48%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Kiel received $22,260 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Debra Kiel's campaign in 2010|
|Kiel Volunteer Cmte||$2,473|
|Okins, Allan & Rosemary||$500|
|Beiswenger, Rod & Luann||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,260|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Debra + Kiel + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- MN can't kick the habit, raises tobacco tax - Kansas Watchdog
- MINNESOTA LEGISLATIVE NOTEBOOK: Energy bill includes solar sales - Grand Forks Herald
- Minnesota Legislative Roundup: Minimum wage appears headed up, but how ... - Pierce County Herald
- Minnesota Legislative Roundup: Rural Minnesota 'left behind' or a priority? - Pierce County Herald
- Capitol Chatter: Unionization measure on track for passage - Bemidji Pioneer
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Kiel and her husband Lonn have four children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
- Twitter account
- Flickr account
- ↑ "debkiel," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," retrieved June 18, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
Bernie Lieder (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 1B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |
Data Practices Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |