|Illinois House of Representatives District 52|
|Master's||Counseling Psychology, Northwestern University|
Beaubien's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Working for Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Beaubien will work to promote our region as a great place to do business and raise a family. She supports the development of renewable energy like solar and wind to help lessen our dependence on foreign oil, reduce asthma-causing air pollution and jumpstart the Illinois economy with new, green jobs."
- Cutting Lawmakers' Pay
- Excerpt: "At a time of economic challenges, Beaubien will make state legislators take a pay cut and she’ll make it harder for them to raise their pay in the future."
- Demanding Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "To rein in state spending and make government pay its bills, Beaubien will work to reform the way Illinois’ budget is crafted and help cut waste and inefficiencies, forcing government to protect vital services and spend taxpayer dollars with clear benchmarks and accountability."
- Preventing Unfair Property Tax Increases
- Excerpt: "Beaubien knows that homeowners shouldn’t pay higher property taxes when home values are falling. That’s why she will work to provide relief by pushing for a new law to freeze property taxes when home values decline."
Campaign funding sources
As of early November 2012, this State House race was the most expensive in Illinois, with about $1.5 million raised between the two candidates. Independent Dee Beaubien's funding sources have become an issue in the campaign, with $428,000 coming from three campaign funds operated by Democratic House Speaker Michael Madigan. Beaubien's opponent, Republican David McSweeney, suggested in an interview that this funding showed she was not actually a political independent, but rather a de facto member of the Democratic Party.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||David McSweeney Incumbent||59.3%||26,761|
Beaubien is widowed and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dee + Beaubien + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Candidate questionnaire at The Chicago Tribune
- Candidate questionnaire at The Daily Herald
- Candidate questionnaire at The Northwest Herald
- ↑ Associated Press, "Key matchups in races for the Ill. legislature," October 15, 2012
- ↑ Dee Beaubien, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2012
- ↑ The Chicago Sun-Times, "Madigan’s presence felt in 52nd House District race," November 1, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, accessed October 21, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Dee Beaubien," accessed October 21, 2012
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |