New York State Assembly District 54
|Political party||Community First Party|
Towns' campaign site details his policy goals and campaign themes:
- Economic Development: "Job creation is a top priority for Deidra. Her strategy? Identify and attract industries of the new economy. Develop programs and incentives for them to establish operations in our community."
- Crime and Public Safety: "Our streets are safer but there is still much work to be done. Deidra will use every available tool from law enforcement professionals to community activists to keep fighting crime."
- Education: "Deidra knows that a quality education is the key to our children’s success. Smaller classes, fairer funding, reinstated music, arts and athletic programs – that’s what she wants for our kids."
- Health and Healthcare: "Real healthcare starts before a community faces a crisis. That’s why Deidra has pledged to promote preventative measures and wider access to care while also addressing issues like HIV/AIDS, asthma, diabetes and obesity."
- Housing: "Whether you own your home or rent one, Deidra will make sure you’re protected. She will fight against foreclosures; she will fight against illegal conversions – she’ll stand up for your right to quality housing."
- Environment: "Deidra has vowed to promote green initiatives that will not only benefit the environment but can bring much needed jobs to the district."
- Seniors: "Deidra will act as a dedicated advocate for Seniors in the Assembly and make sure that all of their needs are met."
Towns for Assembly
11 Crescent Street
Brooklyn, NY 11207
- Deidra Towns, Campaign Site
- Deidra Towns, Facebook Page
- The Empire, "Congressman Towns’ contacts, out-of-state donors fill Deidra Towns’ war chest," August 18, 2011
- Gotham Gazette, "Three Candidates Vie in a Special Special Election," August 24, 2011