Delaware Attorney General election, 2014
September 9, 2014
November 4, 2014
Treasurer, Controller, Auditor
The race to replace Biden features a crowded field headed by Lt. Gov. Matthew Denn (D) and attorney Ted Kittila (R). Denn and Kittila are joined by Green Party candidate Catherine Damavandi, Libertarian Party candidate John Machurek and independent candidate David Graham. Learn more about where the candidates stand on issues facing Delaware by jumping to the debates section.
Matthew Denn - Current Delaware Lieutenant Governor
Ted Kittila - Attorney
Catherine Damavandi - Attorney, former deputy attorney general
John Machurek - 2012 Libertarian Party candidate for Delaware House of Representatives
David Graham - Accountant, Delaware Department of Finance
October 15 debate
Matthew Denn (D), Ted Kittila (R), Catherine Damavandi (G) and David Graham (I) discussed the state's heroin problem and their proposals for strengthening the office during a debate at Widener University Law School. Kittila and Damavandi agreed that the attorney general's office should target high-level dealers in the state to deal with the drug's growing use. Graham brought up a family member struggling with heroin addiction when bringing up the need for rehabilitation programs. Denn also argued on behalf of treatment programs that could stem the supply side of the problem.
The candidates were asked to assign themes to their campaigns or potential administrations during the debate. Denn spoke about the need to improve the efficiency of the office while focusing on violent crimes. Kittila suggested that the office needed to reclaim its role atop the state's legal system. Damavandi stated that her administration would be focused on equal justice for every resident and Graham suggested that leadership and management would be necessary to continue the office's work.
|2010 Race for Attorney General - General Election|
|Democratic Party||Joseph R. "Beau" Biden III||78.9%|
|2006 Race for Attorney General - General Election|
|Democratic Party||Beau Biden||52.6%|
|Republican Party||Ferris Wharton||47.4%|
|July 8, 2014||Filing deadline (Democratic and Republican)|
|July 15, 2014||Filing deadline (Other candidates)|
|September 9, 2014||Primary election|
|November 4, 2014||General election|
|November 6, 2014||State Board of Canvass meets in Superior Court|
|January 6, 2015||Inauguration day for state executive officials in general election|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Delaware + attorney + general + election"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware Attorney General
- Delaware state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- Beau Biden for Attorney General official website, "Splash page," accessed April 18, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Matt Denn for Attorney General 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed July 7, 2014
- Ted Kittila for Attorney General 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed July 7, 2014
- Newsworks/WHYY, "Delaware Attorney General candidates trade verbal jabs at Widener law debate [video," October 16, 2014]
- Delaware Secretary of State, November 2, 2010 General Election Results, accessed May 10, 2011.
- State of Delaware: Commissioner of Elections - 2006 General Election Results
State of Delaware
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Insurance Commissioner | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources and Environmental Control | Secretary of Labor | Delaware Public Service Commission |