Delaware elections, 2013
Delaware election information for 2013 is listed below.
|On the 2013 ballot|
Exceptions include special elections.
Find current election news and links here.
Voting in Delaware
- See also: Voting in Delaware
Important voting information
- Delaware uses a closed primary system, meaning voters must register with a party to be able to vote in their primary election.
- The deadline for registration is 24 days before the election.
- As of April 2015, Delaware is one of 30 states that have not implemented full online voter registration. An electronic form may be filled out online, but must be printed, signed and mailed to complete the registration. (dead link)
- See also: Absentee voting by state
For information about eligibility, deadlines, military and overseas voting and updates to the voting laws in Delaware, please visit our absentee voting by state page.
- See also: Early voting
Delaware is one of 14 states that do not allow traditional early voting. Instead, early voting is offered in the form of absentee in-person voting and is available as soon as absentee ballots are made available up until noon on Election Day. To vote early, you must qualify for an absentee ballot. To see the accepted reasons for voting absentee, click here.
Elections Performance Index
Delaware ranked 6th out of the 50 states and District of Columbia in the Pew Charitable Trusts' Elections Performance Index (EPI), based on the 2012 elections. The EPI examines election administration performance and assigns an average percentage score based on 17 indicators of election performance. These indicators were chosen in order to determine both the convenience and integrity of these three phases of an election: registration, voting and counting. Delaware received an overall score of 73 percent.
State of Delaware
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Insurance Commissioner | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources and Environmental Control | Secretary of Labor | Delaware Public Service Commission |