Denise L. Nappier
|Denise L. Nappier|
|January 1999 - Present|
|Years in position||14|
|Predecessor||Paul J. Silvester (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 3, 1998|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Virginia State University|
|Master's||University of Cincinnati|
Nappier previously served as Hartford City Treasurer for nearly ten years, and as Executive Director of Hartford’s Riverfront Recapture.
She attended Virginia State University for her undergraduate degree, and went on to earn her master's from the University of Cincinnati.
- Virginia State University, B.A.
- University of Cincinnati, Master’s degree
- Teikyo Post University, Honorary degree
- Trinity College, Honorary degree
- Briarwood College, Honorary degree
- University of Hartford, Honorary degree
- Saint Joseph College, Honorary degree
Connecticut Treasurer (1998-Present)
Nappier was first elected in 1998 and re-elected in 2002, 2006 and 2010.
|Connecticut Treasurer, 2010|
|Democratic||Denise L. Nappier Incumbent||54.3%||600,270|
|Independent||Andrew Grant White||1.4%||15,611|
|Green||S. David Bue||0.9%||9,600|
|Election Results Via: Follow the Money|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Denise Nappier's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Denise Nappier's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$831,031 (Republican)||$39,005 (Republican)||$279,853 (Republican)|
|Top 5 contributors||Public Fund||$696,103||Tom F. Christiano||$20,000||Connecticut Democratic Party||$20,225|
|Marconi Development Corp||$1,000||Connecticut Democratic Party||$5,000||Connecticut Employees Union Independent Working Families||$5,000|
|Denise L. Nappier||$750||Connecticut Employees Union Independent||$3,000||A Better Connecticut||$5,000|
|Richard A. Bieder||$200||Denise L. Nappier||$2,550||Leadership for the Millenium||$3,450|
|George D. Hajjar||$200||Forward Hartford||$2,500||Carpenters Local 43||$3,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Denise + Nappier + Connecticut + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut treasurer hunting for deputy CIO for state pension system - Pensions & Investments
- Treasurer Nappier Announces 2013 CHET Dream Big! Competition Winners - ShorelinePlus.com
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon facing push to drop chairman title - Los Angeles Times
- READER SUBMITTED: CHET Among First 529 College Savings Plans To ... - Hartford Courant
- First Major Investor Statement Regarding Recent Events in Bangladesh - Sacramento Bee
- Connecticut Retirement Plans opts for BNY Mellon as global custodian - Pensions & Investments
- Devil is in details of state finances - Hartford Business
- Our View: Sound fiscal policy needed for pensions - Norwich Bulletin
- Nappier: State's pension funds earned nearly 12.1% through March - Waterbury Republican American
- Serious deficit awaits Malloy -- or his successor -- after 2014 - The Connecticut Mirror
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- State Treasurer's office website
- Nappier's campaign website
- Q & A with Raising Hale
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Biography from Department of Treasury
Paul J. Silvester (R)
| Succeeded by|