|Texas State House, District 25|
|1997 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Bonnen has worked as a General Manager for Master Data Systems, Legislative Analyst for CAN Manufacturers Institute, and as a small business owner.
He is a member of a number of organizations, including the Alvin Chamber of Commerce, Angleton Chamber of Commerce, Angleton Exchange Club, BACH, Boy & Girl Scouts of America, Brazoria Heritage Foundation, Brazosport Chamber of Commerce, Junior Achievement Board of Directors, Pearland Chamber of Commerce, Pearland Exchange Club, SFA 500, and Varner-Hogg Guardians Board.
Bonnen is a graduate of Saint Edwards University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bonnen served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Special Purpose Districts, Chair|
Bonnen served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Calendars, Vice-chair|
|• Higher Education|
- HB 267 - Relating to the interstate purchase of certain firearms.
- HB 1189 - Relating to a program for the recycling of electronic equipment of consumers in this state; providing administrative penalties.
- HB 1946 - Relating to the creation of the Brazoria County Municipal Utility District No. 64; providing authority to impose a tax and issue bonds; granting a limited power of eminent domain.
- HB 3553 - Relating to reporting by a registered lobbyist of persons compensating the lobbyist for political services provided by the lobbyist.
Bonnen ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 25. Bonnen ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Bonnen won re-election unopposed to the 25th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the March 2nd primary, and he had no opponent in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 25 |
2010 General election results
|Dennis Bonnen (R)||25,368||100%|
On November 4, 2008, Bonnen won election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 25th District, defeating Richard Cole (L). Bonnen received 33,404 votes in the election while Cole received 5,454 votes. Bonnen raised $245,999 for his campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 25|
|Dennis Bonnen (R)||33,404||85.96%|
|Richard Cole (L)||5,454||14.03%|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Dennis Bonnen received a grade of A on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- 2011 Taxpayer Champion. Bonnen was named a "2011 Taxpayer Champion," which is "the top award presented by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility to legislators based on their rating on the most recent Fiscal Responsibility Index."
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Bonnen received $220,526 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dennis Bonnen's campaign in 2010|
|Associated General Contractors Of Texas||$5,500|
|North Cypress Medical Center||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$220,526|
Below are Bonnen's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Bob J Perry||$12,500|
|Locke Lord Bissel & Liddell||$7,201|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dennis + Bonnen + Texas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Amid Texas House voting frenzy, a bill about ? Bill Clinton? - Dallas Morning News (blog)
- Texas windstorm bill could affect thousands in Coastal Bend - Corpus Christi Caller Times
- As first big test of budget deal looms, questions arise - Houston Chronicle (blog)
- Energy regulator dodges ethics reform - FuelFix (blog)
- The skinny on Texas Lege's bizarre budget negotiations - Dallas Morning News (blog)
- No Reforms for Railroad Commission This Session - StateImpact Texas
- Texas House passes bill that renames short stretch of N. Central Expressway in ... - Dallas Morning News
- Mills: Too much talk, not enough action in Legislature - Times Record News
- Texas House Approves Bill Ending Comptroller's Endangered Species Duties - StateImpact Texas
- Legislature passes reforms for Port of Houston Authority - Austin Business Journal (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Dennis Bonnen campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Bonnen
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 25 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Dennis Bonnen on Facebook
- Environmental Defense Fund opposition website
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bonnen
- ↑ Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Bonnen
- ↑ Texas GOP list of candidates for 2012 Elections
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State Election History
- ↑ Official Texas Election Results
- ↑ Texas House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 25 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
- ↑ Empower Texans, "2011 Taxpayer Champions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Texas House District 25
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
Public Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts M - Z |