For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Utah State Senate District 28|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
April 17, 2011
Stowell's political experience began with his service as a board member for Parowan Power Board from 1987 to 1994. He served as commissioner of the Parowan Planning and Zoning Commission from 1989 to 1991. He was the mayor of Parowan City Corporation from 1987 to 1994 and again from 1996 to 1997. From 1997 to 2006, Stowell served as commissioner for Iron County. He joined the Utah State Senate in 2006.
Stowell worked as a Smetter Engineer for Kennecott Copper Corporation from 1971 to 1977. He went on to work as a project manager for Martin Marietta Corporation from 1977 to 1980. He worked as a rancher beginning in 1980.
Stowell earned his B.S. in chemical engineering from Brigham Young University in 1972. The following year he received his M.S.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stowell was appointed to the following committees:
- Executive Appropriations, Vice Chair
- Native American Legislative Liaison Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee, Utah State Senate
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Utah State Senate
- Rural Development Legislative Liaison Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Subcommittee on Business, Economic Development and Labor Appropriations
- Subcommittee on Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environmental Quality Appropriations
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Stowell served on the following committees:
- Ethics Committee, Utah Senate
- Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee, Utah Senate
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Utah Senate
- See also: Utah State Senate elections, 2010
|Utah State Senate, District 28, General Election 2010|
|Dennis Stowell (R)||21,792|
Stowell raised $35,551 for his campaign, while Hollingshead raised $64,836 and Westfall raised $436. 
|Utah State Senate, District 28 (2006)|
|Dennis Stowell (R)||14,868|
|Emily Hollingshead (D)||17,986|
|Woodward Westfall (C)||2,128|
In 2010, Stowell received $45,234 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Utah State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dennis Stowell's campaign in 2010|
|Senate Republican Campaign Cmte Of Utah||$10,000|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|ATK Launch Systems||$1,600|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$1,450|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$45,234|
In 2006, a year in which Stowell was up for election, he collected $35,551 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Utah County Legislative PAC||$3,000|
|Republican Senate Campaign Committee of Utah||$3,000|
|Utah Association of Realtors||$2,000|
Stowell is survived by his wife Marilee and their seven children.
Because this legislator is no longer in office, some of the links below might be inactive.
- Dennis Stowell's campaign website
- Official Utah State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Dennis Stowell on LinkedIn
- Fox 13 Now, "Utah state Sen. Dennis Stowell dies at age 66," April 17, 2011
- Utah Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed May 23, 2014
- Utah Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed May 23, 2014
- 2006 election results, Utah State Senate, District 28
- District 28 Utah State Senate spending, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Dennis Stowell
|Utah Senate District 28
| Succeeded by|