Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Wisconsin, District 2|
|High school||Janesville Senior High School|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1968-1971|
|Place of birth||Janesville, Wisconsin|
|Profession||Cyber and electronic security consultant|
Hall has consulted for Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association, Wisconsin Counties Association, General Electric Corporation, and Rolls Royce. He is a Vietnam Veteran and was in the Air Force from 1968-1971.
Hall lists his campaign platform on his website: "Recovery begins with the revitalization of the basic infrastructure of this nation. We need to repair roads, bridges, schools, elderly housing, quality day-care centers, and so much more. The idea of spending money on infrastructure is working America is investing billions on these kinds of projects, except we are doing it for Iraq. I believe we should invest this money at home. Good jobs lead to strong families and stable communities.
I believe that all children should have access to an education that challenges and inspires them, regardless of their economic status. We must provide our students with quality public schools and teachers that can equip them with 21st Century skills such as creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and innovation. Along with these skills, we need to re-emphasize Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) education in our curriculum. These are the abilities our children will need in order to compete in the global job market, and these shouldn’t be limited to a privileged few.
The price of higher education has led many students who would otherwise attend college to forgo essential training because of their inability to pay for it. I support legislation like the Higher Education Act which preserved many grant and loan programs, but I believe that we must take a step further. Increasing education affordability will give millions of Americans the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to perform in today’s job market.
We must work together to revitalize our economy. I believe in bipartisan deficit reduction legislation like the Simpson-Bowles Deficit Reduction Plan. Simpson-Bowles is a plan that will decrease the national debt significantly. However, it is essential to America’s economic health that we work together, regardless of party lines."
Hall ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Wisconsin's 2nd District. He sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket and facedMark Pocan, Kelda Helen Roys, and Matt Silverman in the August 14 Democratic primary. Pocan won the primary and moves on to the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dennis + Hall + Wisconsin + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Youth camps, clinics and leagues - Green Bay Press Gazette
- Theater - New York Times
- The Mines that Fracking Built, Part Two - Truthout - Truth-Out
- Ladwig delivers State of the County speech - myracinecounty - My Racine County
- The Fight Against Small Apartments - TheStranger.com
- Chinese student housing proposed for Glendale Hilton - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Is Congress failing on Homeland Security oversight? - TucsonSentinel.com - TucsonSentinel.com
- Chris Ivory Trade: Jets Acquire RB From Saints For 4th-Round Draft Pick - Huffington Post
- LIVE BLOG: 2013 Framingham Town Meeting - Day 5 - Patch.com
- DJ Hayden Drafted By Raiders With No. 12 Pick In 2013 NFL Draft - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Hall has three children and three grandchildren.