|Kansas House of Representatives District 99|
|January 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
- 1 Committee assignments
- 2 Issues
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Scorecards
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 Recent news
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hedke served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Energy and Environment, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hedke served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Economic Development|
|• Veterans, Military and Homeland Security|
Hedke's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "I believe very strongly in the free market as the source of economic growth and job creation. In order to promote economic growth, Kansas needs to reduce unnecessary taxes and regulatory burdens that discourage Kansans from starting and operating small businesses, and we need to minimize government subsidies that attempt to steer investment into activities that politicians think are best. Thriving small businesses are the best sources of job creation for Kansas, and we need to help them, not hinder them."
- Excerpt: "Energy is the lifeblood of our country, and Kansas ranks 9th in the nation (at 2010) in energy production. Kansas' principal energy sources include oil and natural gas, ethanol and wind. Ethanol and wind are renewable resources and the state has seen considerable development of each of these resources throughout the past decade, while oil and natural gas production have been a part of Kansas energy mix for more than 150 years. Our energy infrastructure is ever changing and market forces will dictate the contribution from any given contributor to the total spectrum of available energy."
- Excerpt: "Environmental stewardship is very important to me. We must preserve, and if we can, with appropriate cost-benefit analysis, improve the environment for future generations. I am committed to pursuing a balance between laws, regulations, and peoples' well-being. In the past, for example, I supported changing Kansas laws to help farmers retain their water rights while conserving this important natural resource. I believe that environmental laws and regulations must be carefully tailored to lower costs, burdens, and restrictions for individuals and businesses."
- "Our children represent the future of Kansas. In order to prepare future generations to meet the challenges ahead, we need to provide strong, effective sources of education. In addition to ensuring the strength and quality of Kansas public schools, our state should support other, diverse methods of educating children, including charter schools and home education. The best education system is one where excellence is encouraged without limitation."
- Respect for Life
- "All human life is God-given and precious. How we treat the weakest members of our society is a defining issue for who we are as a people. Our laws should be written to protect those who cannot protect themselves, including the unborn, the elderly, and the truly disabled. I will work to enact laws that protect and respect life from conception to natural death."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Dennis Hedke defeated Randy Banwart in the Republican primary and is unopposed in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 99 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Dennis Hedke Incumbent||52.3%||1,686|
Hedke won re-election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 99. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Hedke is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Hedke raised a total of $34,392 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 21, 2013.
|Dennis Hedke's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 99||$15,697|
|2008||Kansas Board of Education, District 8||$18,695|
|Grand Total Raised||$34,392|
2012Hedke won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hedke raised a total of $15,697.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dennis Hedke's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$750|
|Kansas Medical Society||$750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$15,697|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Hedke won election to the Kansas Board of Education in 2008. During that election cycle, Hedke raised a total of $18,695.
|Kansas Board of Education 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dennis Hedke's campaign in 2008|
|Koch, Charles De Ganahl||$1,000|
|Hedke Construction Co||$800|
|Total Raised in 2008||$18,695|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Dennis Hedke received a score of 64.0% in the 2013 index.
In 2014, Hedke's endorsements included the following:
- Kansas Chamber of Commerce
- Kansas Association of Insurance Agents
- National Federation of Independent Businesses
- Kansas Bankers Association
- Kansas Livestock Association
- Kansas State Rifle Association
- Kansas Farm Bureau
- National Rifle Association
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dennis + Hedke + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Rep. Hedke's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2008
- Rick Santorum, "Kansas Conservative Leaders Unite Behind Rick Santorum," March 9, 2012
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed August 1, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Hedke, Dennis," accessed June 21, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
- Official campaign website, "Endorsements," accessed August 1, 2014
|Kansas House of Representatives District 99
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |