Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 26|
|Bachelor's||University of Nebraska|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Years of service||37 years|
|Profession||Owner of Freedom Arms|
Nielsen earned a degree from the University of Nebraska in law enforcement. His professional experience includes owning Freedom Arms in Clayton, NC. He served in the U.S. Air Force for 37 years.
In an article with the Clayton News Star, Nielsen said that his platform is simple, "Get the government out of the peoples’ business, turn control of the peoples’ lives to themselves and stop having people controlling people."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent N. Leo Daughtry defeated Dennis Nielsen in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 26 Republican Primary, 2014|
|N. Leo Daughtry Incumbent||73.2%||3,426|
|North Carolina State Senate District 11 Republican Primary, 2012|
|E.S. "Buck" Newton||80.5%||14,344|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dennis + Nielsen + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 26
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- www.claytonnewsstar.com, "Republican House hopeful favors limited government," accessed April 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Results, 2012," accessed April 15, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official Primary Election Results