|Missouri House of Representatives, District 54|
|2009 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Speaker Pro Tempore, Missouri House of Representatives|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Central Missouri State University|
Hoskins earned his Personal Financial Specialist credential from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, CPA license from the Missouri State Board of Accountancy, and B.S./B.A. in Accounting from Central Missouri State University. His professional experience include working as an Audit Partner with Taylor, Hoskins & Shaw; and a Financial Advisor with the Murdock Banner Financial Group.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hoskins served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations - Revenue, Transportation and Economic Development, Chair|
|• Fiscal Review|
|• Higher Education|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hoskins served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Appropriations - Transportation and Economic Development, Chair|
|• Higher Education|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hoskins served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Appropriations - Transportation and Economic Development|
|• Higher Education|
Hoskins's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Taxes & Governmental Efficiency
- Excerpt: "I will continue to support lower taxes, which means more money back in your pocket. My belief is that government should spend within its means and maintain a balanced budget."
Protecting our Seniors
- Excerpt: "I will fight to take care of our seniors during retirement."
- Excerpt: "I will continue to support funding for our public schools and universities."
- Excerpt: "I would be proactive in promoting new business, new jobs and economic development in Johnson County. I will fight for our fair share of governmental resources."
- Excerpt: "I understand the many sacrifices the men and women of our Armed Forces have made to our great State and Country. Their commitment and sacrifices should be commended and we should support programs and aid to honor our active duty military and veterans."
Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. However, filing in District 27 was extended to March 28, 2014, due to a withdrawal.
Hoskins won re-election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 54. Hoskins ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Nancy Maxwell (D) and Eddie Osborne (I) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 54, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Denny Hoskins Incumbent||62%||9,342|
On November 2, 2010, Hoskins won election to the Missouri House of Representatives.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 121 General Election (2010)|
|Denny Hoskins (R)||5,292|
|Courtney Cole (D)||3,480|
|Bill Wayne (L)||376|
Hoskins raised $54,762 for his campaign.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 121|
|Denny Hoskins (R)||7,008||50.4%|
|Jim Jackson (D)||6,886||49.6%|
Comprehensive donor information for Hoskins is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Hoskins raised a total of $184,900 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Denny Hoskins's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Missouri House of Representatives, District 54||$56,330|
|2010||Missouri House of Representatives, District 121||$73,808|
|2008||Missouri House of Representatives, District 121||$54,762|
|Grand Total Raised||$184,900|
2012Hoskins won re-election to the Missouri House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hoskins raised a total of $56,330.
|Missouri House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Denny Hoskins's campaign in 2012|
|Missouri Society of CPAS||$3,500|
|Missouri Hospital Association||$2,500|
|Missouri Assessors PAC||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$56,330|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Hoskins was up for re-election, he collected $73,808 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Missouri Society of Cpas||$7,750|
|Denny Hoskins 2008||$4,900|
|Pearce for Senate||$2,500|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Denny Hoskins' 2008 campaign.
|Missouri Society of CPAS||$10,325|
|129th Republican Legislative District CMTE||$1,625|
|House Republican Campaign CMTE of Missouri||$1,067|
|Johnson County Republican Party||$1,000|
Hoskins is married with two children. He has been a member of the Accounting Students Association, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Fraternity, Clinton Chamber of Commerce, Holden Chamber of Commerce, Johnson County C.L.I.M.B. Board, Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants, Warrensburg Chamber of Commerce, and the Warrensburg Rotary. 
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Denny + Hoskins + Missouri + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- The Missouri Times, "Veto session: hourly updates of the Missouri House," September 11, 2013. Accessed November 23, 2013
- "dennyhoskins," Official Campaign Website
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Hoskins' 2008 campaign contributions
- "Follow the Money," "Hoskins, Denny," Accessed September 20, 2013
- 2010 campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hoskins
|Missouri House of Representatives District 54
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri House of Representatives District 121
| Succeeded by|
Keith Frederick (R)
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |