|Idaho State Senate District 27|
|1982 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University (1963)|
|Birthday||April 30, 1940|
|Place of birth||Burley, Idaho|
Darrington graduated with his Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Sciences from Utah State University in 1963.
In addition to being a Senator, Darrington is a farmer. Darrington was a former history teacher in Idaho's public schools from 1966 to 1999.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Darrington served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Darrington served on these committees:
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Darrington did not run for re-election in 2012.
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
|Idaho State Senate, District 27 (2010)|
|Denton Darrington (R)||8,705||100.0%|
|Idaho State Senate, District 27 (2008)|
|Denton Darrington (R)||11,667|
In 2010, Darrington received $17,918 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Idaho State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Denton Darrington's campaign in 2010|
|Jr Simplot Co||$1,600|
|Idaho Telecom Alliance||$1,000|
|Coeur D Alene Tribe||$750|
|Shoshone Bannock Tribes||$750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$17,918|
In 2008, Darrington collected $19,332 in donations.
His three largest contributors were:
|Jr Simplot Co.||$1,300|
|Idaho Education Association||$1,000|
|Idaho Republican Party||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Denton + Darrington + Idaho + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Denton is married to Virgene Darrington. They have five children and reside in Declo, Idaho.
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1992, 1990
- ↑ Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Idaho Elected Officials," February 8, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 candidate contributions
- ↑ Darrington Campaign Donors
|Idaho State Senate District 27
| Succeeded by|
Dean Cameron (R)