|Idaho State Senate District 27|
|1982 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University (1963)|
|Date of birth||April 30, 1940|
|Place of birth||Burley, Idaho|
Darrington graduated with his Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Sciences from Utah State University in 1963.
In addition to being a Senator, Darrington is a farmer. Darrington was a former history teacher in Idaho's public schools from 1966 to 1999.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Darrington served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Darrington served on these committees:
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Darrington did not run for re-election in 2012.
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
|Idaho State Senate, District 27 (2010)|
|Denton Darrington (R)||8,705||100.0%|
|Idaho State Senate, District 27 (2008)|
|Denton Darrington (R)||11,667|
In 2010, Darrington received $17,918 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Idaho State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Denton Darrington's campaign in 2010|
|Jr Simplot Co||$1,600|
|Idaho Telecom Alliance||$1,000|
|Coeur D Alene Tribe||$750|
|Shoshone Bannock Tribes||$750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$17,918|
In 2008, Darrington collected $19,332 in donations.
His three largest contributors were:
|Jr Simplot Co.||$1,300|
|Idaho Education Association||$1,000|
|Idaho Republican Party||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Denton + Darrington + Idaho + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Denton is married to Virgene Darrington. They have five children and reside in Declo, Idaho.
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1992, 1990
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Idaho Elected Officials," February 8, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Idaho Senate official election results for 2008," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 candidate contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- Darrington Campaign Donors
|Idaho State Senate District 27
| Succeeded by|
Dean Cameron (R)