Department of Transportation, Wyoming
The purpose of the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WyDOT) is to provide services to the traveling public and undertake transportation-related functions, such as maintaining highways, providing roadway law enforcement, supporting aviation, and providing licensing services.
The Fiscal Year 2011 Operating Budget is posted on the website.
Anticipated Revenue Fiscal Year 2011
Allocation of Revenue - Fiscal Year 2011
|Operating Transfers Out||1.04%||$5,700,335|
The State of Wyoming also received about $9.3 million for transit systems in stimulus funding; $7 million of this WYDOT will administer to assist transit programs statewide. The remaining $2.3 million is dedicated to the urban communities of Casper and Cheyenne.
WyDOT sponsors the Adopt-A-Highway Program, which has 900 volunteer groups statewide clearing litter from the state's roadways.
WyDOT also administers the federally-funded Safe Routes to Schools program. WyDOT was allocated $5 million over five federal fiscal years to enable of primary and middle school students to walk and bicycle to school safely.
Current plans and studies are listed.
Major projects include:
- Harney Street Viaduct Project - Laramie
- Vandehei Interchange Project - Cheyenne
- Togwotee Pass Project - near Dubois
Summaries and project documents are provided for these projects.
Projects funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act are also listed.
WyDOT is overseen by a Director and Executive Staff. The Transportation Commission governs the activities of the Department. The Commission is comprised of seven members appointed by the governor and approved by the Senate.
Executive staff is listed with biographical information but contact information is not provided. Commissioners are also listed with biographies, but only general contact information for the Commission Secretary is provided. Meeting information and documents are posted.
Some administrative phone numbers are posted within different divisions, but a comprehensive contact list does not seem to be available.
Bidding information, including opportunities and results, are posted.
- (dead link)administration/executive_staff Executive Staff
- (dead link)administration/budget Budget Program
- Transit in Wyoming (dead link)
- (dead link)engineering_technical_programs/maintenance/adopt_a_highway Adopt-A-Highway
- (dead link)planning_projects/transportation_programs/srts Safe Routes to Schools
- (dead link)planning_projects/studies_plans Studies/Plans/Research
- (dead link)construction_projects Construction Projects
- Transit Stimulus (dead link)
- (dead link)administration/transportation_commission Transportation Commission
- (dead link)business_with_wydot/contractors/contractor_bids Bid Information
- (dead link)engineering_technical_programs/stip_project_listing STIP
- (dead link)news_info/public_involvement Public Involvement
- (dead link)news_info/public_meetings_schedule Public Meetings Schedule
State of Wyoming
List of Wyoming ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Department of Audit Director | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Workforce Services | Chairman of Public Service Commission |