|Alabama House of Representatives District 85|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Northwestern State University, 1993|
|Place of birth||Abbeville, AL|
|Profession||Chief Juvenile Probation Officer, Henry County|
Grimsley earned his B.S. in Psychology from Northwestern State University in 1993. His professional experience includes working as chief juvenile probation officer for Henry County.
Grimsley served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Agribusiness
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Dexter Grimsley was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Bobby Lewis defeated Ron Wilson in the Republican primary. Grimsley defeated Lewis in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 85 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 85 General Election (2010)|
|Dexter Grimsley (D)||6,692|
|Jody Singleton (R)||6,255|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 85 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Dexter Grimsley (D)||1,892|
|Anthony J. Keith (D)||1,186|
|Ed Vaughn (D)||626|
|Amos Newsome (D)||486|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 85 Dem Primary Runoff (2010)|
|Dexter Grimsley (D)||1,847|
|Anthony J. Keith (D)||1,201|
In 2010, Grimsley raised $91,695 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Alliance For Conservative Leadership||$35,000|
|Alabama Trial Lawyers Association||$6,000|
Grimsley and his wife, Veronica, have two children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of November 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dexter + Grimsley + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- House site
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Democratic primary results and runoff candidates," June 11, 2010
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Alabama House District 85
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|