For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Georgia State Senate, District 43
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
Williams was unopposed in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia State Senate, District 43 - Republican Primary (2010)|
On her campaign website, Williams lists six issues she is concerned about. They are:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "The answer is not raising taxes, but cutting wasteful spending while having an efficient, well executed budget. You and I have to “live within our means” — government should be no different."
- Excerpt: "The key to economic and job growth is removing government imposed barriers that impede or prevent business and industry from conducting business."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "I personally own firearms and hold a Georgia Firearms License. I will never vote to restrict your right to carry and I fully support HB 615."
- States Rights
- Excerpt: "The 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution reserves to states all authority not specifically given to the Federal government. Unfortunately, the state of Georgia has given up a vast majority of their duties and responsibilities to the federal government."
- Excerpt: "School choice was a must. Moreover, we must instill a love of learning in our future leaders, instead of “teaching to tests” to mask the problem. Local control of our schools is paramount."
- Excerpt: "‘Charity was a pure love of Christ.’ It is our responsibility as individuals, families and churches – not the government."
- Georgia Department of Elections list of state senate candidates
- July 20, 2010 Georgia Senate primary results
- Diana Williams campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile of Diana Williams
- Diana Williams on Twitter