Georgia State Senate, District 43
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
Williams was unopposed in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia State Senate, District 43 - Republican Primary (2010)|
On her campaign website, Williams lists six issues she is concerned about. They are:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "The answer is not raising taxes, but cutting wasteful spending while having an efficient, well executed budget. You and I have to “live within our means” — government should be no different."
- Excerpt: "The key to economic and job growth is removing government imposed barriers that impede or prevent business and industry from conducting business."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "I personally own firearms and hold a Georgia Firearms License. I will never vote to restrict your right to carry and I fully support HB 615."
- States Rights
- Excerpt: "The 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution reserves to states all authority not specifically given to the Federal government. Unfortunately, the state of Georgia has given up a vast majority of their duties and responsibilities to the federal government."
- Excerpt: "School choice was a must. Moreover, we must instill a love of learning in our future leaders, instead of “teaching to tests” to mask the problem. Local control of our schools is paramount."
- Excerpt: "‘Charity was a pure love of Christ.’ It is our responsibility as individuals, families and churches – not the government."
- Georgia Department of Elections list of state senate candidates
- July 20, 2010 Georgia Senate primary results
- Diana Williams campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile of Diana Williams
- Diana Williams on Twitter