|New Jersey State Senate District 7|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||15|
|Senate Deputy Minority Leader|
|Senate Majority Whip|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|New Jersey General Assembly|
|Birthday||March 8, 1948|
|Place of birth||Newark, NJ|
Allen was the Deputy Republican Conference Leader of the New Jersey State Senate from 2002 to 2003.
Allen graduated with a B.A. in Philosophy from Bucknell University. She is the current president of VidComm, Incorporated. Allen is on the Board of Directors for the United Way.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Allen served on these committees:
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Allen won re-election to the District 7 State Senate seat in the 2011 election. She defeated Carole LoKan-Moore in the June 7 Republican primary. Allen defeated Gail Cook in the general election which took place on November 9, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 7 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Diane Allen Incumbent||57%||27,011|
|New Jersey State Senate District 7 Republican Primary, 2011|
|Diane Allen Incumbent||90.4%||3,904|
In 2007 Allen was re-elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 7. Allen (R) finished with 23,185 votes while her opponent Richard Dennison (D) finished with 18,511 votes. Allen raised $410,847 for her campaign fund.
|New Jersey State Senate District 7|
|Diane Allen (R)||23,185|
|Richard Dennison (D)||18,511|
In 2011, Allen received $404,004 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Diane Allen's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Republican Party||$12,462|
|Election Fund Of Keenan & Halgas||$8,200|
|Senate Republican Majority Of New Jersey||$6,879|
|Medical Society Of New Jersey||$6,200|
|Archer & Greiner||$5,200|
|Total Raised in 2011||$404,004|
|Total Votes received in 2011||27,011|
|Cost of each vote received||$14.96|
District 7 ranked fifth in fundraising
As of October 25, the candidates for District 7 spent $1,642,013. According to a press release issued by the NJ Election Law Enforcement Commission, District 7 was fifth in total campaign spending for the 2011 election season. Only Districts 2, 38, 14 and 3 (ranked from highest to lowest) spent more.
In 2007, Allen collected $410,847 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|Medical Society of New Jersey||$9,950|
|Communications Workers Local 1034||$8,200|
|Builders League of South Jersey||$8,200|
|Lance For Senate||$8,200|
|Kean For Senate||$8,200|
Allen represents New Jersey Senate District 7, which includes the cities of Beverly and Burlington, New Jersey.
Allen and her husband, Sam, have two children. They currently reside in Edgewater Park, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term ""Diane + Allen" + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 7," October 27, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 7," October 3, 2011
- Official website of Diane Allen
- Diane Allen legislative profile at Project Vote Smart
- Diane Allen biography at Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Republican Party biography of Diane Allen
- Diane Allen on Facebook
- Twitter page
- ↑ Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives
- ↑ Diane Allen at Project Vote Smart
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- ↑ New Jersey State Senate election results
- ↑ Campaign funds
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ New Jersey ELEC, "News Release," November 3, 2011
- ↑ http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/candidate.phtml?c=95654
- ↑ New Jersey Senate Districts By Number
|New Jersey State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|