|Minnesota House of Representatives District 38A|
|January 4, 2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Birthday||July 28, 1960|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Anderson is a small business owner.
Anderson graduated from the University of Minnesota with a Bachelor of Science degree in Housing.
Anderson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"The best way for government to grow jobs is to create an environment that attracts job creators and encourages them to expand their businesses."
- Excerpt:"The legislature made real progress slowing the growth of state spending, especially in health care. We worked on the most ambitious government reform agenda in decades, with bills to reduce the size, reach, and cost of government."
Quality Health Care Services
- Excerpt:"She believes consumers should have affordable, private market health care options and they should be able to choose their own health plan. Diane's goal is to make sure we have quality health care."
- Excerpt:"Diane believes we should keep class sizes low and do everything we can to support our teachers."
- Excerpt:"Diane Anderson has been working on obtaining state funding for homelessness with an emphasis on prevention and helping people get back on their feet as soon as possible."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Anderson served on these committees:
Anderson ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 51A. She was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by Sandra Masin (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 51A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Diane Anderson Incumbent||44.4%||9,354|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 38A (2010)|
|Sandra Masin (DFL)||6,829||47.22%|
|Diane Anderson (R)||7,606||52.6%|
In 2010, Anderson raised $33,798 in contributions.
Her three largest contributors were:
|Cummins, Joan & Robert||$1,000|
Anderson and her husband Gale have two children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- ↑ "dianeandersonforhouse," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ 2010 contributions
Sandra Masin (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 38A
| Succeeded by|
Linda Runbeck (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |
Data Practices Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |