|North Dakota House of Representatives District 30|
|December 1, 2012 - present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|North Dakota House of Representatives|
|Associate's||Bismarck State College|
|Bachelor's||University of North Dakota|
Larson earned her A.A. from Bismarck State College and her B.S. in education from the University of North Dakota. Her professional experience includes working as a youth worker for the Bismarck Police Department.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Larson served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2015|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Larson served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
Larson ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota House District 30. Larson and incumbent Mike Nathe ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 12. They defeated Tom Decker and Daphne Ghorbani in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Larson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Larson raised a total of $2,500 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 29, 2013.
|Diane Larson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Dakota State House, District 30||$2,500|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,500|
2012Larson won election to the North Dakota State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Larson raised a total of $2,500.
|North Dakota State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Diane Larson's campaign in 2012|
|Lignite Energy Council||$1,000|
|North Dakota Association of Realtors||$750|
|North Dakota Petroleum Council||$500|
|North Dakota Bankers Association||$250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,500|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- North Dakota Family Alliance: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that were great interest to the family.
- Greater North Dakota Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills impacting North Dakota's business community.
Larson and her husband, Greg, have two children and four grandchildren. They currently reside in Bismarck, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Diane + Larson + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- The Bismarck Tribune, "Diane Larson enters District 30 House race," accessed September 21, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Diane Larson," accessed May 23, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Larson, Diane," accessed May 29, 2013
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |