|Minnesota House of Representatives District 60A|
|2005 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||July 12, 1953|
|Place of birth||Minneapolis, MN|
|Profession||Health Policy Analyst|
Loeffler is a Health and Human Services/Principal Health Policy Analyst for Hennepin County. She has previously been Senior Financial Analyst for the City of Minneapolis, worked in Human Services, Health and Training and Employment for Hennepin County, and was a Tax Policy Analyst/Legislative Representative for the League of Minnesota Cities.
Loeffler is Executive Director of the Association for Retarded Citizens of Saint Paul, founding Board Member of the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits, founder of Northeast Libraries Supporters, and a member of the Windom Park Citizens in Action.
Loeffler's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Universal access to affordable health care whether unemployed, self-employed or involved in a small business."
- Excerpt:"Health care cost containment through changes that promote health, prevention and universal coverage, all of which have been demonstrated to reduce overall health costs. "
- Excerpt:"Assuring that health insurance requirements encourage the use of prevention visits and diagnostic tests such as cholesterol screenings, Mammograms, etc. Diane will work against the movement towards increased use of catastrophic plans that do not support regular ongoing preventative care."
- Excerpt:"Access to affordable prescription drugs for all in a manner that doesn’t put out of business the local drug stores on which we all depend for immediately needed prescriptions."
- Excerpt:"Helping seniors make the right choices in accessing the new federal Medicare Drug benefit."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Loeffler served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services Finance|
|• Health and Human Services Policy|
|• Taxes, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Loeffler served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services Reform|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Loeffler served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health Care and Human Services Policy and Oversight|
|• Rules and Legislative Administration|
Loeffler won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 60A. She was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Brent Millsop (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 60A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Diane Loeffler Incumbent||82.2%||17,021|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 59A (2010)|
|Diane Loeffler (DFL)||10,528||79%|
|Mark Lazarchic (R)||2,757||20.69%|
Diane Loeffler raised $26,826 for her campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 59A (2008)|
|Diane Loeffler (DFL)||13,785||75.29%|
|Felix Montez (R)||2,520||13.76%|
|Lynne Torgerson (I)||1,238||6.76%|
|David Degrio (I)||723||3.95%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Loeffler received $26,192 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Diane Loeffler's campaign in 2010|
|Minnesota Medical Association||$500|
|Minneapolis Federation Of Teachers Local 59||$500|
|Minnesota Teachers Retirement Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$26,192|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Diane Loeffler's 2008 campaign.
- Diane Loeffler's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Diane Loeffler
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Diane Loeffler on Facebook
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Loeffler
- ↑ "dianeloeffler," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ 2008 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Loeffler's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
Marion Greene (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 60A
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 59A
| Succeeded by|
Joe Mullery (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |
Data Practices Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |