Disability Party (United States)
|Disability Party (United States)|
The party's motto is Access and Opportunity.
The Disability Party exists in five states, Indiana, Illinois, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan, as of July 11, 2013. Andrew Straw established the party with the Indiana Secretary of State's office on February 5, 2013.
The Disability Party's is currently pursuing ballot access and vote by mail. They have filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice.
The following is an abbreviated list of the issues listed on the party's website:
- EEOC employment discrimination process reformed
- Accessible judicial systmem
- ADA Enforcement
- Medicare expansion and reformation
- Creation of a two-year jobs program
- Creating a cabinet position responsible for disability affairs
When state chairs exist in enough states to pass an amendment to the U.S. Constitution, a party convention will be conducted with Party Founder Andrew Straw as initial national chair and chair of the convention. Straw as founder and national chair fills all vacancies until a convention is held. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Disability Party as of July 11, 2013, has one exploratory congressional candidate, Andrew Straw, who is exploring running for Congress in Illinois' 8th District.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Disability + Party"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.