Dollie B. Burwell
|Dollie B. Burwell|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 32|
|Profession||Director of Constituent Affairs|
Burwell's professional experience includes working as Director of Constituent Affairs for Congressman G.K. Butterfield, District Director for Congressman Frank W. Ballance, Jr., and Director of Field Services for Congresswoman Eva M. Clayton. She earned her Associate's in Business Administration from Durham College.
Burwell's website highlight the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will work very hard and give all of my energies to making sure that investments are made in our schools so that our children will be prepared to succeed in a competitive workforce, be able to graduate at any college or university and/or compete in a global economy. We need more good teachers, not less. I will work to pass legislation that supports and invests in our teachers."
Job Creation & The Economy
- Excerpt:"We must put people back to work! I will focus on creating opportunities for good permanent jobs in District 32. I will support legislation that will help develop small businesses and assist existing small businesses in expanding to create more jobs."
- Excerpt:"I will work hard to protect the gains that have been made in the areas of human rights and racial justice. I will vigorously fight to stop the assault on workers, women and families that is being waged by some of the current members of the North Carolina General Assembly."
In 2012, Burwell was endorsed by the following:
- Congresswoman Clayton
- Lillian’s List
- Senator Doug Berger
- Leslie Dawn McDevitt
- The Granville County Interdenominational Ministerial Conference
- North Carolina State AFL-CIO
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Dollie Burwell on Facebook
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |