|Nevada State Senate District 14|
|2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Nevada State Assembly|
|2008 - 2010|
|Place of birth||Culver City, CA|
|Profession||General Manager, Real Estate Investment Company|
Gustavson is general manager of the Real Estate Investment Company.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gustavson served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gustavson served on these committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, while in the Nevada Assembly, Gustavson served on these committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Corrections, Parole, and Probation|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture and Mining|
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2010
|Nevada State Senate, Washoe 2 General election (2010)|
|Don Gustavson (R)||25,559|
|Allison Edwards (D)||18,432|
Gustavson raised $65,352 for his campaign.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 32 (2008)|
|Don Gustavson (R)||20,890||60.96%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Gustavson was up for re-election, he collected $42,102 in donations.
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Gustavson's 2010 campaign.
|Gustavson, Don V||$18,584|
|Settelmeyer Campaign Account||$10,000|
|Senate Republican Leaders Fund||$10,000|
|Nevadans For Integrity In Politics||$10,000|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Don Gustavson's 2008 campaign.
|Cooper Trust UTA||$5,000|
|Sharron Angle Your Voice in Congress||$5,000|
|The Cooper Trust||$4,000|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
Gustavson received a score of 89.10% in the 2011 report card, ranking 1st out of all 63 Nevada State Legislature members. His score was followed by senators Greg Brower (88.63), Michael Roberson (88.63), Elizabeth Halseth (88.15), and James Settelmeyer (87.68).
Gustavson has three children: Donald, Kerry and Donna.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Don + Gustavson + Nevada + Senate"
- States continue push to boost speed limits - Land Line Magazine
- States advance speed increase bills - Land Line Magazine
- Commentary: Nevada bills that missed deadline - Elko Daily Free Press - Elko Daily Free Press
- Washoe Republicans elect Taber; incumbent Buell voted out - Truckee Times
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Nevada Assembly - Rep. Don Gustavson
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1992, 1990
- Biography from Turn Nevada Red
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- ↑ 2008 Follow the Money's report on Don's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card"
- ↑ www.nevadanewsbureau.com Conservative Nevada Think Tank Grades Lawmakers On Taxes, Education Reform, June 28, 2011
|Nevada State Senate District 14
| Succeeded by|
Maurice Washington (R)
|Nevada State Senate, Washoe 2
| Succeeded by|
|Nevada State Assembly District 32
| Succeeded by|