|Connecticut State Senate District 6|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
DeFronzo was a member of the Democratic State Central Committee from 1984 to 1986 and the Democratic Township Committee from 1978 to 2003. He served as Mayor of New Britain from 1989 to 1993.
DeFronzo earned his B.A. from Fairfield University in 1970 and his M.A. in Public Administration from the University of Connecticut in 1976. His professional experience includes working as a Claims Adjuster for the State Department of Labor, in the Office of Policy and Management for the State of Connecticut, as a Respiratory Therapist at Harford Hospital, Senior Planning Analyst for the State of Connecticut from 1977 to 1989, CEO/Executive Director for the Human Resources Agency of New Britain, Plan Analyst for the Connecticut Association for Community Action and Adjunct Faculty at Goodwin College.
Prior to leaving the senate, DeFronzo served on the following committees:
- Environment Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Finance Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Program Review and Investigations Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Transportation Committee, Connecticut Senate
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2010
DeFronzo ran for re-election to the 6th District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. He defeated Henry Zembko (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Connecticut State Senate, District 6 General Election (2010)|
|Donald DeFronzo (D)||15,556|
|Henry Zembko (R)||7,307|
|Connecticut State Senate, District 6 (2008)|
|Donald DeFronzo (D)||20,232|
|Thomas Bozek (R)||9,941|
In 2008, DeFronzo collected $98,607 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Carlo Carlozzi, Jr.||$100|
DeFronzo and his wife, Diane, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Donald + DeFronzo + Connecticut + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut State Senate
- Connecticut Senate Committees
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Donald DeFronzo's official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002
- CT Post, "Special elections mean more expenses, more rhetoric," January 9, 2011
- West Hartford Patch, "Feb. 18 the Deadline to Register to Vote in Special Election," January 20, 2011
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed December 11, 2014
|Connecticut State Senate - District 6
| Succeeded by|
Terry Gerratana (D)