|Wisconsin State Assembly District 35|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
In March 2010, Friske announced he would not be seeking re-election in November.
Friske has worked as a deputy sheriff and served in the United States Army from 1979-1985. He is a member of American Veterans, Environmental Education Board, National Rifle Association, and the Optimist Club.
On his official campaign website, Friske listed four main legislative priorities:
- Local Jobs - "the future of our community depends on the growth of our local economy and industries. That's why I worked in a bipartisan fashion to pass the Jobs Creation Act, which greatly reduced government red-tape and made job creation and retention easier in Wisconsin."
- Affordable Healthcare - "I voted for BadgerCare Plus, ensuring all children in Wisconsin will be able to get the health care they need at a price their families can afford."
- Protecting Seniors - "I have always made quality health care for seniors a top priority."
- Our Children - "I voted to increase funding for rural school districts by an additional $3.6 million. I also voted to increase funding for gifted and talented programs and special education; to keep smaller class sizes; and to increase State aid by $524.8 million."
- Criminal Justice Committee
- Forestry Committee
- Jobs, the Economy and Small Business Committee
- Special Committee on Domestic Biofuels
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Friske did not seek re-election in 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Friske won re-election to Assembly District 35, receiving 56.72% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 35|
|Donald Friske (R)||15,416|
|Jay Schmelling (D)||11,751|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-257 Environmental surcharge for violation of an environmental law increased
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top five donors to Friske's 2008 campaign were mostly individuals:
|Republican Party of Lincoln County||$1,450|
|WI Farm Bureau||$1,000|
- Representative Friske's campaign
- Representative Friske's website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Donald Friske
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2008, 2004
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Friske's Freedom Speaks profile
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 35
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |