For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Louisiana Commissioner of Insurance|
|East Baton Rogue Parish Committee|
|2008 - Present|
|High school||Louisiana School for Math, Science and the Arts (1998)|
|Bachelor's||Louisiana State University (2001)|
|Master's||Louisiana State University (2007), (2010)|
|J.D.||Louisiana State University (2004)|
|Place of birth||Lake Charles, Louisiana|
Hodge lost to incumbent James Donelon (R) in the blanket primary on October 22, 2011. Since Donelon won with more than 50% of the primary vote, he was considered the winner and will not need to go on to the November 19 general election.
|Louisiana Insurance Commissioner, 2011|
|Republican||James Donelon Incumbent||67.5%||651,559|
On his campaign website Hodge outlined the three main issues of his campaign:
- Lower our insurance rates:
- "Re-establish the Insurance Rating Commission as a safeguard against high increases."
- "Reduce the minimum liability coverage required on vehicles which increased premiums an average of 20%."
- "Provide vigorous enforcement of existing laws and unlawful practices in the insurance industry."
Donald Hodge campaign video
- Institute accountability and ethics at the Department of Insurance:
- "No money from insurance companies, brokers, agents or political action committees of the insurance industry. To regulate effectively, one has to be neutral and not influenced by big money in the form of campaign contributions."
- "Will only serve one term as commissioner. Further commissioners should be appointed to take the insurance money out of the system of our elections."
- "Accountability on the part of all Department of Insurance Staff will be required."
- "Reduction of unclassified employees and the amount of pay. Assistant Commissioners appointed by the Commissioner should not be paid $115,000+. In this time of economic downturn, shared sacrifice is warranted."
- Return the Department of Insurance to the people of the state as an advocate for their rights instead of placating the insurance industry:
- "Ensure equal treatment of women in the cost of health coverage."
- "Regulate the cost of health insurance coverage. Louisiana is one of 7 states without any say over health insurance premiums, requiring the federal government to step in."
- "Issue a directive to all companies and agencies doing business in Louisiana that citizens must be provided a copy of an Insurance Bill of Rights, explaining the process by which a citizen can challenge any unlawful practice by insurers."
Hodge was endorsed by the Alliance for Good Government on September 20, 2011.
- Louisiana Commissioner of Insurance
- Louisiana down ballot state executive elections, 2011
- James Donelon