|Illinois House of Representatives District 76|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University|
|Master's||Illinois State University|
Jensen's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Limited Government
- Excerpt: "Legitimate government, bound and limited by the Constitution, serves best under the restrictions and consent of those governed. The general welfare of the people of this State has been sacrificed to the extent that the rights of the individual have become secondary to a claim of a democratic majority rule."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "It has taken decades of improper laws and spending that has brought us to this state of fiscal decline. It has been accomplished by the participation of both sides of the aisle during that time that we now find the State of Illinois in such a financial mess that it will take time and sacrifices to bring about financial order. Spending for more programs must be stopped and cuts made to ward off financial disaster. Merely raising taxes will not solve our problems."
- Business Environment in Illinois
- Excerpt: "The jobs situation has become bleak here in Illinois. It has been caused by both tax law and work place law. Common belief has it that it only takes some infrastructure projects throughout the whole State to get the people working and bring in more revenues. The problem with that fix is that the money for those projects comes from the tax coffers and no matter how many projects are devised the monies for those projects can only dwindle unless taxes are increased on the general public."
Jensen ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 76. Jensen was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Frank J. Mautino (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 76, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Frank J. Mautino Incumbent||63.1%||28,113|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Donald + Jensen+ Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota governor to sign bill allowing gay marriage - Rockford Register Star
- Minn. governor to sign bill allowing gay marriage - Quincy Herald Whig
- POLLSTER UPDATE: Gun Vote Backlash -- Or Not? - Huffington Post - Huffington Post
- From Roe to Gosnell - Wall Street Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Donald Jensen, "About Don," accessed October 25, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |