|Maryland State Senate District 2|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
January 12, 2011
Munson received a B.S. in mathematics from Johns Hopkins University (1986). He served in the U.S. Army Reserves. Additionally, Munson has served as a Delegate in the Republican Party National Convention in 1976, 1988, 1992 and 2004.
Munson is a member of the Washington County Republican Club, the Washington County Historical Society, the Washington County Association for Retarded Citizens, the Antietam Exchange Club, North American Rod & Gun Club and the Alsatia Club. He has also received the following awards: Legislator of the Year from the Maryland Retailers Association (2003); Outstanding Rural Legislator Award from the Rural Maryland Council (2004); John O. Marsh, Jr., Public Service Award from Shenandoah University (2004).
Munson also served as a member of the Maryland House of Delegates from January 1975 to January 1991.
- Rules Committee
- Executive Nominations Committee
- Budget & Taxation Committee
- Pensions Subcommittee
- Capital Budget Subcommittee
- Public Safety, Transportation & Environment Subcommittee
- Federal Relations
- Joint Subcommittee on Program Open Space and Agricultural Land Preservation
- Joint Advisory Committee on Legislative Data Systems
- Legislative Ethics
- Joint Legislative Work Group to Study State, County and Municipal Fiscal Relationships
- Fair Practices & State Personnel Oversight
Munson represents Maryland Senate District 2, which includes Washington County.
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2010
In the November 2 general election, Munson received a total of 8,469 write-in votes. Munson was once again defeated by Christopher Shank, who received a total of 21,319 general election votes.
Senator Munson was defeated in the September 14 primary by House of Delegates incumbent Christopher Shank, by a margin of 6,720 to 5,059.
Munson raised $45,880 for his campaign.
|Maryland Senate, District 2|
|Donald Munson (R)||28,900||98.9%|
Below are Munson's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Michael Steele for Maryland Cmte||$2,000|
|Wayne E. Alter||$1,000|
|Maryland Bankers Association||$500|
|Joseph H. Jacques||$500|
|Beverly M. Hoover||$500|
Munson was born in Hagerstown, Maryland on December 21, 1937. He is married and has one child.
State capital office:
James Senate Office Building, Room 401
11 Bladen St., Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone: 410-841-3609 410-841-3609 or 301-858-3609
28 West Church St., Hagerstown, MD 21740 - 4808
- The Herald-Mail, Shank unseats Munson, 9/14/2010
- Official Maryland State Senate website
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record (timed out)
- Maryland Senate, "Donald Munson," accessed October 21, 2009
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for State Senator," accessed February 24, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Munson's 2006 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Donald Munson 2008," accessed October 21, 2009
|Maryland Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|