|New Jersey General Assembly District 16|
|2012 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Township Committeewoman in Readington Township|
|Township Board of Health|
|Associate's||Union County Technical Institute, School of Cardiac Technology|
|Date of birth||4/25/1960|
Simon studied at Union County Technical Institute, School of Cardiac Technology. Her professional experience includes working as a Registered Cardiovascular Specialist in the medical, pharmaceutical and corporate industries.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Simon served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Telecommunications and Utilities|
Simon's campaign website lists three campaign themes:
- Fiscal Conservative
- Excerpt: In Trenton, Simon’s committed to reducing the size and cost of government and growing our economy.
- Independent Reformer
- Excerpt: In Trenton, Simon’ll expose special interests and career politicians responsible for the state’s tax, spend and borrow culture.
- Real World Experience
- Excerpt: Simon has years of private sector experience in operations and financial management, served on boards for two non-profits supporting disadvantaged children and seniors and, prior to that, was proud to be a stay-at-home Mom for her two children.
Simon won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 16. Simon was bracketed with Jack Ciattarelli. She was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. She and incumbent Jack Ciattarelli (R) defeated Marie Corfield (D), Ida Ochoteco (D) and Patrick McKnight (L) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
Simon faced a special election on November 6, 2012 as she attempted to hold on to her seat. She faced Marie Corfield (D). While Simon initially declared victory on November 6, Corfield refused to concede as many ballots remained outstanding and unofficial results showed Simon leading Corfield by about 1,700 votes. Finally, on December 2, Simon affirmed her victory in the race.
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 16, Special Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Simon is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Simon raised a total of $217,027 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 16, 2013.
|Donna Simon's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Jersey General Assembly, District 16||$217,027|
|Grand Total Raised||$217,027|
2012Donna Simon won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Donna Simon raised a total of $217,027.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Donna Simon's campaign in 2012|
|New Jersey Republican State Cmte||$77,649|
|Assembly Republican Victory||$41,684|
|New Jersey Bankers Association||$7,000|
|Election Fund of Assemblyman Dave Rible||$4,000|
|Amodeo for Assembly||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$217,027|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 216th New Jersey State Legislature will be in session from January 14 through January 1, 2016.
In 2012, the 215th New Jersey State Legislature, first annual session, was in session from January 10 to January 9, 2013. In 2013, the 215th New Jersey State Legislature, second annual session, was in session from January 10 to January 13, 2014.
- New Jersey Environmental Federation: Legislative Scorecard 2010-2013
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
- Americans for Prosperity: Taxpayer Scorecard, 215th Legislative Session
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key fiscal legislation affecting the state's economy.
- New Jersey League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes concerning the protection of the environment.
- New Jersey Taxpayers Alliance: 2013 Taxpayer Legislative Scorecards
- The American Conservative Union: 2012 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
Simon and her husband, Michael, have a son and a daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Donna + Simon + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- General Assembly Committees
- New Jersey State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- New Jersey state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Jersey General Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Donna Simon on Facebook
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates (dead link)
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- NJ Assembly Republicans, "Led by DeCroce & Simon, women members of NJ Legislature surge," March 5, 2012
- "Donna Simon Official Campaign Website," accessed May 8, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- Blue Jersey, "DLCC: Marie Corfield has the top grassroots powered state race in the country," October 7, 2012
- Lehigh Valley Live, "New Jersey Assembly race - Donna Simon-Marie Corfield - remains too close to call," November 7, 2012
- NJ.com, "Assemblywoman Donna Simon affirms victory in 16th District," December 2, 2012
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Special election results November 6, 2012," accessed December 19, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Simon, Donna" accessed August 16, 2013