|Alabama House of Representatives District 87|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Chesteen earned his BS and MS in Physical Education from Troy University. He then worked for Geneva County High School in Hartford from 1977 to 1980, and for Geneva County High School in Geneva from 1981 to 1987. During these years he worked as a teacher, football coach, and athletic director. Chesteen then worked as a medical sales representative for Mead Johnson from 1988 to 2009. He then retired and currently works as an assistant football coach for Geneva High School.
Chesteen served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Agribusiness
- Subcommittee on Sporting Issues
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Subcommittee on Health Care Professionals and Procedures
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 87 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Donnie Chesteen (R)||4,277|
|Lamar M. Brooks (R)||2,546|
|Rob Hinson (R)||1,823|
Chesteen's website lists the following issues:
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "I will work to get projects like Mercedes, Thyssen Krupp and Hyunday, and to get the I-10 Connector built."
- Excerpt: "I will do everything I can to support our principles, our teachers, and our coaches, because we trust them with our most precious commodity."
- Excerpt: "You will never hear my name associated with anything that is not 100% legal, moral and ethical."
In 2010, Chesteen raised $144,447 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|Carr, William H & Debra||$15,000|
|Hammer, George S & Linda||$15,000|
|Carr, William H||$8,000|
|Finch, Britton R||$8,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Donnie + Chesteen + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Reps: Couldn't risk vote to change accountability bill - Dothan Eagle
- Aircraft repair tax break set to become law - Dothan Eagle
- Bill exempting some Alabama legislators from double dipping ban dies - The Republic
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Chesteen and his wife Stephanie have two children.
- Donnie Chesteen's campaign website
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Donnie Chesteen on Facebook
|Alabama House District 87
| Succeeded by|