Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 74|
Alcala's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Pro-Life and Pro-Family
- Excerpt:"She is proudly pro-life and will always defend the rights of the unborn and the infirm."
Lower taxes and less regulation to create jobs
- Excerpt:"As our State Representative, Dora Alcala will apply the same fiscally conservative principles she used as Mayor of Del Rio to rein in government spending, improve our bond rating and balance the budget without raising taxes."
Protect our water rights
- Excerpt:"Water is our most precious natural resource. Without an adequate water supply, we can't water our livestock, irrigate our crops or feed our families. Dora Alcala will always fight to protect our water rights and ensure our local communities have the water we need."
- Excerpt:"As a Texan and a Christian, Dora Alcala's word is her bond. She is the only candidate for State Representative to sign an Accountability Contract – so the hard working men and women of the 74th District can hold her to her word. Click the image at left to read her solemn pledge. "
|Texas House of Representatives District 74 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Thomas C. Kincaid||67.2%||1,644|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dora + Alcala + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |