is a 2014 Republican
candidate for District 52
of the California State Assembly
. She ran unsuccessfully for the same seat in a 2013 special election
Pineda's website highlights the following campaign themes:
||Once elected, I will work to help reduce excessive bureaucracy, taxation and regulation to a bare minimum so our state government is lean and smarter. I will help curb unnecessary spending that does nothing to help the business climate and the working class, so that we hand over to the next generation a legacy of growth and prosperity.
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Freddie Rodriguez (D) and Dorothy F. Pineda (R) were unopposed in the blanket primary. Rodriguez will face Pineda in the general election.
- See also: State legislative special elections, 2013
Pineda ran in a special election for California State Assembly District 52. The seat was vacant following Norma Torres's (D) election to the California State Senate on May 14, 2013. She faced eight others in a blanket primary on July 23. She did not garner enough votes to advance to the runoff.
|California State Assembly, District 52, Blanket Primary, 2013
|| Paul Vincent Avila
|| Tom Haughey
|| Jason Rothman
|| Manuel Saucedo
|| Danielle Soto
|| Doris Louise Wallace
|| Dorothy Pineda
In 2014, Pineda's endorsements include the following:
- California Republican Assembly
- San Bernardino & Los Angeles County Republican Party
- West Valley Republican Assembly
- Pomona Republican Caucus
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dorothy + Pineda+ California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Dorothy Pineda News Feed
- ↑ pinedaforassembly.com, "Message," accessed September 23, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- ↑ dailybulletin.com, "Gov. Brown announces special election to fill 52nd District," May 21, 2013
- ↑ dailybulletin.com, "Nine candidates seek to replace Torres in Assembly," June 2, 2013
- ↑ sos.ca.gov, "Official blanket primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
- ↑ pinedaforassembly.com, "Endorsements," accessed September 23, 2014