For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Washington House of Representatives, District 26b|
Richards's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We must get people back to work! Most of us know someone who is out of work, has had their hours reduced or who are barely making it. Unemployment in the state and in the 26th District has been too high for too long."
- Excerpt:" Our children deserve an improved education system, and the economy and businesses of the future require that the graduates of our public schools be prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the future."
- Excerpt:"I will bring new perspective and different experience to Olympia —-at a time when it is desperately needed."
Performance Standards in Government
- Excerpt:"I will work to create an environment in Olympia focused on standards-based performance. An environment where goals are set within each agency and department, and state employees are expected to achieve those goals."
Competition in Government
- Excerpt:"Competition drives innovation. Innovation drives efficiency. By changing some of the ways business gets done in Olympia, improved efficiency and savings will be realized."
Richards ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 26b. Richards ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Larry Seaquist (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 26b, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Larry Seaquist Incumbent||53.6%||35,384|
Doug Richards ran for re-election to the Washington House of Representatives District 26. He ran unopposed in the August 17, 2010 primary. He was defeated by Democrat Larry Seaquist in the November 2, 2010 general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 26b Primary (2010)|
|Larry Seaquist (D)||17,211||51.58%|
|Doug Richards (R)||16,157||48.42%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Doug + Richards + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |