Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 4|
Thompson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"The next major steps will depend on what research shows about our particular problem; it is fairly unusual and we need to be careful not to do things that will make the situation worse."
- Excerpt:"We’ve got to work harder and smarter to involve and listen to more people from every corner of the city in decision making."
- Excerpt:"Raising taxes and fees are abhorrent, especially in today’s economy. A way to help meet increasing needs without raising taxes or fees is to grow our own economy."
- Excerpt:"Tax dollars and fees for service are a sacred trust given by the citizens for their elected public servants to use in the very best way – the way that the majority of citizens would want. I’ll do all I can to make sure every dollar spent is effectively and efficiently spent according to citizen priority."
Thompson ran for election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 4. Thompson was unopposed in the June 26 Democratic primary and was defeated by Edward Redd (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 4, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Doug + Thompson + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.