For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 38B|
|January 4, 2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|J.D.||Georgetown University Law Center|
Wardlow works as a litigation attorney at the firm of Parker Rosen in Minneapolis. Prior to his time at Parker Rosen, Doug served as a law clerk for the Minnesota Supreme Court.
Wardlow graduated from Georgetown University with both his undergraduate and law degrees. Wardlow earned a perfect GPA during a summer study of Chinese law in Beijing, China.
Wardlow's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Returning fiscal responsibility to state government"
- Excerpt:"Revitalizing the economy and fostering real job creation by reducing job-killing taxes and regulatory burdens"
- Excerpt:"Promoting accountable and transparent government"
- Excerpt:"Protecting Minnesotans' freedom to purchase the high-quality health care they want, when they want it, from their preferred doctors"
- Excerpt:"Lowering health-care costs through free-enterprise reforms"
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wardlow served on these committees:
- Civil Law
- Division on Property and Local Tax
- Judiciary Policy and Finance
- Subcommittee on Claims
Wardlow won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 51B. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Laurie Halverson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 51B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Doug Wardlow Incumbent||48.1%||11,298|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 38B (2010)|
|Mike Obermueller (DFL)||7,680||47.95%|
|Doug Wardlow (R)||8,323||51.97%|
In 2010, Wardlow raised $24,017 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|38th Senate District RPM||$1,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Wardlow and his wife Jenny have one child.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- "dougwardlow," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Mike Obermueller (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 38B
| Succeeded by|
Matt Dean (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |