|Maine House of Representatives District 16|
|2010 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Damon is currently a real estate agent. He is also a 35 year veteran of the U.S. Air Force. In the Air Force, he served as a Weapons Systems Officer and Navigator, achieving the rank of Colonel.
Damon graduated from the University of Maine with a degree in Elementary Education, and from Auburn University where he received his Master's degree in Political Science.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Damon served on the following committees:
Damon ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 16. Damon ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and was defeated by John Schneck (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Douglas Damon Incumbent||40.7%||1,293|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 16 (2010)|
|Douglas Damon (R)||1,124||50%|
|Steven Butterfield (D)||984||44%|
In 2010, Damon raised $5,156 in contributions.
His top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $4,656 to his campaign.
Damon and his wife Cheryl have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Douglas + Damon + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Steven Butterfield, II (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 16
| Succeeded by|
John Schneck (D)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |