Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kentucky House of Representatives District 56|
|Bachelor's||University of Kentucky|
Jones served in the United States Air Force, reaching the rank of Captain. He attended the University of Kentucky.
Jones' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"The most basic of solutions is that the state government spends no more than the revenue it receives from the people."
- Excerpt:"It is time for the many smart people of the state to come together and generate new ideas to save an industry that employs and affects more than 100,000 people."
- Excerpt:"Each Kentucky school district, normally a county, must make the determination as to which school format will provide the best teaching opportunity and results."
- Excerpt:"Tax incentives or government building contracts for new businesses should be offered to Kentucky firms first before ever inviting out of state companies to come in and bid."
Seniors & Veterans
- Excerpt:"Part of my responsibility will be to see that these funds are utilized properly and effectively, as they relate to state run programs."
Jones ran in the 2012 election for Kentucky House of Representatives District 56. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 22, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Carl P. Rollins II (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 56, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carl Rollins, II Incumbent||61.1%||12,931|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Douglass + Jones + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Douglass Jones on Facebook
- Douglass Jones on Twitter
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |