|New York State Assembly District 48|
|1983 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||31|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||New York|
Hikind earned his B.A. from Queens College and his master's in Urban Studies from Brooklyn College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hikind was not assigned to a committee.
No committee assignments found.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Hikind ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 48. He defeated Mitchell Tischler in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012 as well as the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 48, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dov Hikind Incumbent||94.1%||19,264|
|School Choice Party||Mitchell Tischler||5.9%||1,216|
|New York State Assembly, District 48 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Dov Hikind Incumbent||84.3%||3,138|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 48 2010|
|Dov Hikind (D)||9,713|
|Brian Doherty (R)||5,214|
On November 4, 2008, Hikind won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 48, defeating opponent Herbert Ryan (Conservative).
Hikind raised $384,300 for his campaign while Ryan raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 48 2008|
|Dov Hikind (D)||8,397|
|Herbert Ryan (Conservative)||1,139|
Comprehensive donor information for Dov Hikind is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Dov Hikind raised a total of $1,815,043 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Dov Hikind's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Assembly, District 48||$196,669|
|2010||New York State Assembly, District 48||$229,810|
|2008||New York State Assembly, District 48||$384,300|
|2006||New York State Assembly, District 48||$320,769|
|2004||New York State Assembly, District 48||$484,874|
|2002||New York State Assembly, District 48||$169,455|
|2000||New York State Assembly, District 48||$23,766|
|1998||New York State Assembly, District 48||$5,400|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,815,043|
2012Dov Hikind won re-election to the New York State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Dov Hikind raised a total of $196,669.
|New York State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dov Hikind's campaign in 2012|
|Williamsburg Bridge Towers Llc||$3,800|
|Bakertown Realty Group||$3,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$196,669|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Hikind received $229,810 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dov Hikind's campaign in 2010|
|125 East 31St Street Realty||$3,600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$229,810|
In 2008, a year in which Hikind was up for election, he collected $384,300 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Delta Enterprise Corp||$5,000|
|Parents & Children PAC||$3,800|
In 2012, Hikind’s endorsements included the following:
Hikind and his wife, Shoshana, have three children; Deena, Yoni, and Shmuel.
In February 2013, Hikind hosted a party celebrating the Jewish holiday, Purim, for which costumes are traditionally worn. At the party, he donned blackface and an Afro wig for his guise as a basketball player, which led to criticism from the Anti-Defamation League, as well as Assembly colleagues including Speaker Sheldon Silver. Hikind apologized in a February 25 news conference, but said that his record showed that he was not a racist, and that the costume was in "good taste."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dov + Hikind + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the New York State Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hikind
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- followthemoney.org, "Hikind, Dov" Accessed September 24, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2008 contributions to Dov Hikind
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- CBS New York, "Assemblyman Dov Hikind Apologizes After Attending His Purim Party In Blackface," February 25, 2013. Retrieved February 25, 2013
|New York Assembly District 48
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |