Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 35|
Cutlip's website talks about the following issues:
- Excerpt: "What can the government do to get N.C. working again? It can start by getting out of the way! The best way to create more jobs is to free job-creators like small businesses from having to pay the highest taxes in the southeast."
- Excerpt: "As your state representative, I'll push for a spending moratorium until the economy is back on track. I'll also look for waste and fraud in government spending. It's time politicians started treating your tax dollars with a little more respect."
- Excerpt: "Even though the Health Care takeover was a federal action, there are a few things I can do to fight it from the state level. First, I'll support a resolution that's already been introduced in North Carolina's General Assembly to protect citizens like you from being forced to buy health care. Second, I'll support a law that forces Attorney General Roy Cooper to join other states in suing the federal government over this unconstitutional monstrosity."
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 35 Republican Primary, 2012|
Cutlip was defeated in the November 2, 2010 general election. His opponent in the November 2 general election was Darren Jackson (D).
Cutlip's opponent Darren Jackson disabled his campaign website five days before the election and after being asked whether it violated ethics rules in the General Assembly. At issue is whether it's permissible for a legislator to include his legislative contact information on campaign material like a campaign website.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Duane + Cutlip + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Duane Cultip's official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Duane Cutlip on Facebook
- ↑ duanecutlip.com - Why Duane?
- ↑ North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," Accessed March 5, 2012
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed June 22, 2012
- ↑ The Locker Room: Where is DarrenJackson.org?
- ↑ Carolina Journal: Campaign Website Raises Ethics Questions
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |