Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 95|
Masimini's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Strengthening Public Education
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I will demand the State fund schools appropriately and honor its obligation to pay our schools on time.
To stop schools from cutting teachers and programs that help students, I will fight for a law limiting school district administrative expenses and requiring 85% of revenue to be spent on educating our kids." Creating Jobs
- Excerpt:"We must provide financial incentives to encourage companies to hire unemployed workers and expand their operation in Texas, and foster investments in new technology and the green economy to create good paying jobs. Corporations that receive tax breaks and then move jobs out of the state must be held accountable by requiring them to refund their tax breaks while making them ineligible for future tax incentives."
- Excerpt:"I know that maintaining independence means everything to older adults. I will support property tax assistance and funding for home care programs that help senior citizens to stay in their homes. I will also push for tougher criminal penalties against those who defraud the elderly."
Reforming the Budget Process
- Excerpt:"We must learn to live within our means and maximize every hard earned tax dollar. It is time to go through the budget line by line and reduce spending. We must put an end taxpayer funded programs that aren’t working and taxpayer funded jobs that are unnecessary or duplicative. We must find and eliminate fraud and waste at all levels of government."
Masimini ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 95. Masimini was defeated by Nicole Collier and Jesse Gaines in the May 29 primary election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives District 95 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Nicole Collier (advanced to runoff)||48.2%||3,713|
|Jesse Gaines (advanced to runoff)||38.4%||2,962|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dulani + Masimini + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |