|Georgia House of Representatives District 68|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||January 3, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hightower served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Governmental Affairs|
|• Judiciary - Non-Civil|
|• Public Safety and Homeland Security|
|• Special Rules|
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014.Incumbent Dustin W. "Dusty" Hightower was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Hightower ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 68. Hightower ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Hightower ran unopposed in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 68, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dustin Hightower Incumbent||100%||17,263|
Hightower and Alan Martinez (R) were the top two vote-getters in the December 6 special election. They faced fellow Republicans Thom Fitzpatrick, Tim Whetstone, and Marc Lattanzio. Libertarian candidate James Camp also ran. Hightower and Martinez received 41.8% and 21.3% of the vote, respectively. They proceeded to a runoff election on January 3, 2012 where Hightower defeated Martinez.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 68, Special Election runoff, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Hightower is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Hightower raised a total of $55,482 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Dustin Hightower's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State House, District 68||$28,787|
|2011||Georgia State House, District 68||$26,695|
|Grand Total Raised||$55,482|
2012Hightower won re-election to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hightower raised a total of $28,787.
|Georgia House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dustin Hightower's campaign in 2012|
|Georgia Trial Lawyers Association||$3,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$28,787|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dustin + Hightower + Georgia + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dustin Hightower on the Georgia House of Representatives website
- Profile from Open States
- Dustin Hightower on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2011
- Times-Georgian, "Hightower, Martinez headed for runoff," December 7, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Elections Division, "2012 Election Results" accessed November 16, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Unofficial Results--District 68," accessed December 7, 2011
- Times-Georgian, "Hightower wins House runoff," January 4, 2011
- followthemoney.org, "Hightower, Dustin (Dusty)," accessed August 27, 2013
|Georgia House of Representatives District 68
| Succeeded by|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |