|Washington House of Representatives, District 46b|
Hoerler's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and the economy
- Excerpt: "Too many of our friends, family and neighbors have suffered for too long during this economic downturn. I believe we need to get our people back to work – it’s time we saw the words "Made in America" again. In Olympia, I'll push for strong "Buy Washington" legislation – there is no reason we need to put folks overseas back to work with our taxpayer dollars."
- K-12 Education
- Excerpt: "Our support to our K-12 system is shameful: Per-pupil spending is 42nd out of 50 states and class sizes are among the biggest in the country. That’s wrong – it’s bad for our families and it’s bad for our economy. I do not favor the recent charter school proposal -- instead, I believe that we should fund our existing system. Every teacher and parent knows how hard it is to teach just one teenager - let alone a classroom stuffed with 32, 33, or 34 of them! By lowering class size, we'll be able to give more attention to each student."
- Higher Education
- Excerpt: "For years, the cost of higher education has been borne on the backs of working class families. As state support has been cut year after year, it's led to skyrocketing tuition prices. ...Two decades ago, we had a system of state universities; one decade ago, we had a system of state-supported universities; today, it’s becoming a system of state-owned private institutions. We need to take action to reverse that trend now. ...Today, one-third of our workforce in Washington has no formal education beyond high school. Too many of our state's residents are stuck in low-wage jobs – but if we can provide the education and training they need to get a higher-paying job, embark on a new career, or even start a new business, our state’s economy will be stronger than ever. Our community and technical colleges fill that need!"
- Excerpt: "Too many people still believe that we have to make a choice between good jobs and a clean environment. I say that’s a false choice."
- Excerpt: "Health care is a right – not a privilege. I believe that the Affordable Care Act is a good start, but that we have much more to do. Health care is still much too expensive, in particular for our small business people and self-employed. I strongly support government-funded healthcare, especially programs that provide incentives for controlling costs – while keeping access to the doctor of your choice."
- Reproductive Freedom
- Excerpt: "I'm 100% pro-choice. I will stand up for a woman's right to choose, and believe we need to reduce the need for abortions by making medically accurate sex education available in schools as well as ensuring that safe birth control options are available to everyone."
Hoerler ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 46b. Hoerler was defeated by Sarajane Siegfriedt and Jessyn Farrell in the August 7 blanket primary election. They face each other in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dusty + Hoerler + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Crocker lives in Seattle, WA.
- Dusty Hoerler, "http://www.dustyfor46.org/priorities.php," accessed August 2, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 07, 2012 Primary Results - Legislative - All Results," accessed August 15, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Dusty Crocker - Biography," accessed August 2, 2012
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |