|U.S. Senate, Texas|
|High school||West Rusk High School, 1984|
|Place of birth||Baytown, Texas|
Stovall attended Kilgore Junior College and Southwest Texas State University. He then worked at the ARCO refinery for over 13 years. In 1996, Stovall started his own business, Diamond K Equipment Inc, which primary specialized in bridge construction.
Stovall's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Obamacare/Affordable Care Act
- Excerpt: "I am surprised that no one discusses its blatant unconstitutionality anymore. Make no mistake: it should be repealed, and if it isn’t, the States should be resolved not to participate, period."
- Debt Crisis
- Excerpt: "We have upwards of 17 trillion dollars in debt, growing larger every day, and we have over 220 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities. The reality of our situation is that there is not enough currency in circulation on planet earth to pay this off, and yet we continue to increase the debt at every opportunity."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "The federal Bill of Rights is a restriction on the Federal Government only. The members of the 1st Congress were crystal clear on this. The preamble has meaning. The term "shall not be infringed" has meaning. The men that created, debated, and ratified the federal Bill of Rights wanted it understood that, among other things, the Federal Government had no business anywhere near the issue of Arms."
- The NSA and The Beauty of No
- Excerpt: "Make no mistake: some of the actions of the NSA and of the alphabet soup of other federal agencies are blatantly un-Constitutional. Through regulations and warrantless spying on American citizens, the federal government has gone too far. As Senator from the State of Texas, not only will I consistently vote against such actions, I will work hard to find ways to stop it and hold these agencies accountable to the American people."
- Illegal Immigration / Amnesty
- Excerpt: "Illegal immigration is an issue I've seen here in Texas forever, as a citizen, as an employee, and as an employer. I've worked beside illegal immigrants on the job. As a state bridge contractor for 15 years, I unknowingly hired a few, either directly or through subcontractors. As few people do, I understand this issue from many sides."
|U.S. Senate, Texas Republican Primary, 2014|
|John Cornyn Incumbent||59.4%||781,259|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|Texas House of Representatives District 18 Republican Primary, 2012|
|John Otto Incumbent||67%||9,485|
|Dwayne Stovall (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 30, 2014||$0||$27,935||$(23,158)||$4,776|
Stovall is married and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dwayne + Stovall + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website, accessed September 26, 2013
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Campaign website, "About Dwayne," accessed January 11, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 11, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2012 Election and Candidate Information," accessed June 12, 2012
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Dwayne Stovall Year-End," accessed February 16, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |