For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Attorney General of Oregon|
|J.D.||University of Virginia (1996)|
|Date of birth||December 18, 1965|
Holton was born and raised in Virginia, where his father served as governor of Virginia from 1970-1974. He received his undergraduate degree in history from Brown University, and later earned his J.D. from the University of Virginia. Immediately upon graduating from law school, Holton accepted a coveted position with the U.S. Department of Justice as an Assistant United States Attorney.
He joined the U.S. Attorney's Office in Oregon in 2004, prosecuting white-collar criminals and corporate polluters. Holton was promoted to head the office as U.S. Attorney for Oregon in February 2010, and served there until October 2011, when he was replaced by President Obama's pick for the position, Amanda Marshall. As U.S. Attorney, Holton received significant public attention and accolades for lead prosecution of an Egyptian shipping company that admitted to dumping oil at sea. The company paid $7.25 million, the largest penalty for a water pollution violation in Northwest history.
- B.A. in History from Brown University
- J.D. from University Virginia, 1996
- See also: Oregon attorney general election, 2012
|Oregon Attorney General Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Election Results via Oregon Live.|
- Results are unofficial
Holton has received endorsements from numerous government officials and members of the legal community, including an endorsement from friend and current Oregon attorney general John Kroger.
Holton currently resides in Southeast Portland with his wife, Mary Ellen Glynn and their their two young children, Terence and Fiona. He coaches K-2nd grade basketball.
Holton for Oregon
2236 SE 10th Avenue
Portland OR 97214
- Attorney General of Oregon
- Current Oregon Attorney General John Kroger
- Oregon attorney general election, 2012
- Oregon Live, "Dwight Holton former U.S. attorney, expected to announce a run for Oregon attorney general," January 3, 2012
- Oregon Live, "Oregon Attorney General race comes down to 2 Democrats: Dwight Holton and Ellen Rosenblum," March 8, 2012
- Oregon Live, "Oregon 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 16, 2012
- Holton for Attorney General, "Endorsements," accessed February 22, 2012
- Holton for Attorney General, "About Dwight," accessed February 22, 2012