Earl De Vries
|Earl De Vries|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Senate District 32|
De Vries was the President of Residents Against Gaming Establishments in 1996. He has been a member of the San Bernardino County Central Committee since 2009.
De Vries worked as a Dairy Herdsmen for Kamstra Dairy from 1980 to 1989. He then worked as House Parent/Manager for His Nesting Place Maternity Home from 1989 to 1990. He has worked for Generator Services as a Transportation Supervisor since 1990.
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2010
De Vries' website listed the following issues:
- Taxes & Revenue
- Excerpt: "Even though California is on the brink of bankruptcy (a.k.a. insolvency) thanks to out of control government spending (state spending is equal to 1/4 of the wealth of the state), it still can be fixed. We don’t have a revenue problem; we have a spending problem."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "Earl is vice chairman of West Valley Friends of the National Rifle Association, the educational branch of the NRA, raising funds for gun safety programs for adults and children and protecting our gun rights."
- Excerpt: "AB32 is a hair-brained job-killer, and Earl will work to support Prop23, which will suspend AB32 until unemployment reaches 5.5%"
- Pro-Life and Traditional Family
- Excerpt: "Earl is unashamedly pro-traditional family and pro-life." He was endorsed by the California Prolife Council.
- Excerpt: "Restoring contracted water supplies to our farmers and ending the government imposed drought is a priority in our state!"
- Less Foreign Oil Dependence
- Excerpt: "Safe, sensible drilling for oil would bring jobs and revenue to California. It is unconscionable that we give money for oil to countries in the Middle East and Venezuela; we need to ensure energy independence from foreign countries."
- Border Security
- Excerpt: "Every nation has the right to secure its borders against threats of drugs, weapons, and human smuggling."
- Crime & Punishment
- Excerpt: "The solution to crime is a moral one involving personal responsibility and accountability as well as strict law enforcement, not cutting prisoners loose."
De Vries and his wife, Judy, have two children.
- Earl De Vries' campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in California