Economic Development Committee, Mississippi State Senate
Per Rules 7, 36 and 37 of the Senate Rules, committees of the Mississippi State Senate are appointed by the Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi, who serves as the President of the Senate. After the adoption of Senate Rules, the committees are appointed. The first person named to a committee by the President shall serve as the chair, with the second serving as the vice chair. Any vacancies that have occurred in any committees after members have been appointed will be filled by the President.
See rules: Senate Rules
|“||A committee of the Senate shall report on the sufficiency of the titles of all bills and resolutions before their being put on final passage; and it shall be in order, before the passage of every bill or resolution, to move to commit or recommit for report upon the sufficiency of the title. Titles shall indicate clearly the subject matter of the proposed legislation.||”|
- Mississippi Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 30, 2014 (Rule 36)
- Mississippi Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014 (Rules 7, 36 and 37)
- Mississippi Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014 (Rule 37)
- Mississippi Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 30, 2014 (Rule 41)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.