Oregon State House District 31
DeCoste's campaign website lists five main issues:
- Rebuild Oregon: "I am not a politician. I am a father, husband, Oregonian, veteran, taxpayer, a concerned citizen. I have a deep sense of duty that compels me to serve my country, my state and my community; I want to work for you. Together we will replace career political ambitions and agendas with citizen leadership. We must make choices that will lead to the long term prosperity of Oregon. We need to leave our children a legacy of hope and promise, not one of debt."
- Our Economy and Our Jobs : "Oregonians are struggling during this recession. Salem has failed to address our state’s chronic unemployment. Working with business leaders we can develop meaningful incentives to create jobs for Oregonians. We will support measures to reduce bureaucracy so our local businesses can recover and begin hiring again."
- Education: "Oregon’s children deserve a quality education. An education that will help them develop the knowledge and skills they will need to pursue their dreams. Parents need to be empowered by giving them the ability to choose the best education for their children. We must fight for efficient classroom funding while giving educators the tools and flexibility they need to help our kids learn."
- Energy: "Oregon can become a leader in renewable energy without raising our energy costs."
- Transparency: "We must insist that state agencies submit to outside performance audits, cut wasteful spending and run more efficiently. We will push for the state budgets to be published online."
Friends of Ed DeCoste 33470 SW Chinook Plaza Scappoose, OR 97056
- Official campaign website
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile
- Imagine Election Profile